NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+38
Andrew Corvero
Chickpea Sarada
Robjection
PintsizeBro
Suika
Prajnaparamita
Raindancing
Caffeinated
Hirundo Bos
Wondering
username_6916
Gman
Lemminkainen
TheRoux
LadyIkaros
Gentleman Johnny
WJMorris3
nonA
Hae
InkAndComb
sky
Barretts_Salt
readertorider
kath
waxingjaney
C-Bass
Coin-op Adjutant
Enail
UristMcBunny
The Wisp
Werel
Conreezy
KMR
caliseivy
eselle28
reboot
BasedBuzzed
nearly_takuan
42 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by waxingjaney Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:46 pm

It's been tried before by others, and it seems most people don't know how to say "I like x" without also implying that y is barftacular.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:44 am

Waiting for Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword is tiredly long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:59 pm

I love phony Steam Curator pages: http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6862926-Waifu-Hunter/?appid=208650
BasedBuzzed
BasedBuzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:50 am

Why am I always so freakin' scared?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:26 pm

One of my mother's favourite things to scream at me and my sisters was "God had better give me strength, or I will not be held responsible for what I do to you!!!"

I actually wonder if she thinks that would hold up in court.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:26 pm

https://imgur.com/gallery/QhasbwN

That top comment tho. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:10 pm

>Dat cat parasite study in the comments
That link is golden trolling material.

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:22 pm

"How on earth would one even be able to tell genuine developing feelings from a giddiness brought on by finding out someone actually likes you?"

Wait is that a real thing?
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:24 pm

caliseivy wrote:"How on earth would one even be able to tell genuine developing feelings from a giddiness brought on by finding out someone actually likes you?"

Which one?

But yeah, probably.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Corvero Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:16 am

What is a "fake nerd"? Because a guy I know accused me of being one and can't understand why.

"People don't just change who they are in an instant. It takes time, so you don't even know you're changing. Until one day you'll just a little bit different than you used to be and you can't even tell what the hell happened" (Rich Burlew)

"You shouldn't take advice from random strangers on the Internet too seriously" said the random stranger on the Internet.
Andrew Corvero
Andrew Corvero

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:08 pm

nearly_takuan wrote:
caliseivy wrote:"How on earth would one even be able to tell genuine developing feelings from a giddiness brought on by finding out someone actually likes you?"

Which one?

But yeah, probably.

I can kind of see how the second part would be possible, but not how a person would determine the genuine feelings from the giddiness.

caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:40 pm

caliseivy wrote:
nearly_takuan wrote:

Which one?

But yeah, probably.

I can kind of see how the second part would be possible, but not how a person would determine the genuine feelings from the giddiness.

Wait, so I'm not the only one who gets confused about this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:45 pm

Somewhat contentious: missionaries, politics, trickery:
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:57 pm

Damn, WEREL, damn.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:20 am

Come on Rocksteady, where's my Flashpoint skin?

And why can I not drive the Jokermobile?

Why do people like the Riddler at all?

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:34 am

I'm starting to think the new currency of Greece might very well be the Simoleon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:35 pm

Can you imagine the outtakes for this?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:06 pm

Every once in a while I remember that there are probably a dozen or two lurkers on this forum and probably hundreds on prime reading everything I and others say. I think this in those moments:
Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 39 Giphy
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:25 am

>Ruby Sparks
Argghh, after reading Rational!Fics I'm just angry that protag doesn't try to get the maximum net benefit for society out of reality manipulation. You sadsack, write her into a scientist who cures cancer or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:42 am

There's nothing like shaving your beard off to remind yourself of why you kept it on for so long.

Guess that throws the Doc's advice to maintain a clean-shaven face in the bin...

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:46 am

HermitTheToad wrote:There's nothing like shaving your beard off to remind yourself of why you kept it on for so long.

Guess that throws the Doc's advice to maintain a clean-shaven face in the bin...

Neither Harris nor most of his followers on Twitter/FB go without a beard. They just don't want you to steal their mojo.

Last edited by BasedBuzzed on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:31 am

Holy crap did I win a debate just by showing up and disagreeing with a claim?
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Feels a little weird reading the very first comment I posted on DNL Prime, back before I had an IntenseDebate account: a rather cynical 13-part takedown of some other guy's problematic attitudes.

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:46 pm

The thing that bugs me for metaphorical reasons is MMOs.

The first so many levels, you don't have a lot of options, but what you do have is pretty okay and the people seem nice enough. And there's still enough that there's something for everybody, right? You don't have to be in a guild, you don't have to grind the dailies; you can find your thing and do it, and everybody's happy.

But sooner or later you run into other players and you figure, hey, maybe I would like to try doing that thing after all. Sure, I don't really know my rotations (or honestly what the hell a 'rotation' is actually supposed to be or why anyone is actually happy that such a mundane, boring, rote task has become a core component of the game's main feature), but I can learn, right? I've got all these resources saved up now from when I was very cheaply doing my own thing, and I figured everything else out no problem, so I'll just—

What do you mean, you don't have the tier 5 raid gear yet? Quit standing in the green! (By the way we call it 'green' even though it's orange in this game, because it was green somewhere else. What else would we call it, "threatened area"? As if anyone would know what that means.) We aren't going to run with you if we're always going to have to explain this boss's attack patterns. Just get in the LFG queue and wait, noob. Maybe someday you'll get a party that doesn't disband as soon as they see what you're wearing.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum