NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quiz on women's body language

+3
Enail
ElizaJane
reboot
7 posters

Go down

Quiz on women's body language Empty Quiz on women's body language

Post by reboot Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:26 am

Downside is men did poorly because they focused on clothes and attractiveness. Upside is when shown how far they were off they improved
http://qz.com/815312/quiz-science-finds-most-men-misread-whether-a-woman-is-sexually-interested-do-you/?utm_source=atlfb
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Quiz on women's body language Empty Re: Quiz on women's body language

Post by ElizaJane Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:01 pm

I tried taking the quiz and got 3 out of 6. I was always on the right side of the spectrum, but was often strongly in disagreement with the level of "sexual interest". Partly, I think, this is because when I see a woman smiling, I interpret it as friendliness and not sexual interest. And I am really, really creeped out by the fact that the researchers and women don't find the woman who is basically hugging herself protectively and pivoting down and away is viewed as only half as rejecting as the woman with the popped hip but grossed out expression. Boo.

ElizaJane

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:07 pm

Yeah, I found those two that you point out really off, too, and also found it weird and uncomfortable that they were interpreting what looked to me like a pretty basic range of "amenable to social interaction" as 'sexual interest.' IMO, there was nothing specifically speaking to sexual interest in any of those poses - unless you assume that women exist in a binary state of "uninterested in any interaction" and "sexually interested" and there is no such thing as polite interest, platonic interest, openness to a generally social situation without any particular person in mind....
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:09 pm

I was terrible at the quiz because I marked everyone on the rejecting end of the spectrum Smile
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:38 pm

Yeah, I'm really bothered that there's no "neutral" option.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:08 am

2 out of 6 because judging the severity is asinine. How I interpret these expressions, in order:
-spoiling for a fight. I'd stay in the perimeter for the dramabomb to go off.
-very inwards-focused. Hugging herself, so perhaps on the spectrum.
-terrible case of RBF, on par with me.
-uncomfortable but too polite to say it. Will probably try to sell me something.
-a goof. Not actually interested, but will have exactly my type of humour.
-frozen in fear, possibly constipated. Also suffers from bad skin caused by lack of pixels.
In short, this test looks dumb, I liked the one where you need to judge the sincerity of a smile better.
BasedBuzzed
BasedBuzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:35 am

Either this quiz/study sucks, or I'm absolutely TERRIBLY at reading women's body language. innocent I got zero right. A lot of these that read as "interested" I thought looked more like they were open to talking/friendly at least. Just by the neutral look on their face and how they're standing tells me they either don't give a shit or DO NOT want to talk. Though the woman hugging herself looked rather odd... obviously she seemed rejecting, but she seemed to be not interested in anyone.

Loopy

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:12 pm

3/6 for me. I tried in my head to replace "interested" with "open to casual conversation," and I still read the three supposedly interested women as being a level or so less interested than the researchers said they were. If I'd chose to read it as, "flirty," only the fifth woman seems like she meets that description.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:31 pm

I got a 3/6.  My incorrect answers were wrong because of severity. Apparently, I'm being rejected slightly more strongly than I thought. Laughing

If I'd chose to read it as, "flirty," only the fifth woman seems like she meets that description.

I thought the same. Even though number 4 seemed pleased to see me, it might not have been sexual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum