NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treating relationships like a WWII-esqe battle. [Opinions and/or advice]

4 posters

Go down

Treating relationships like a WWII-esqe battle. [Opinions and/or advice] Empty Treating relationships like a WWII-esqe battle. [Opinions and/or advice]

Post by Alex1989 Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:08 pm

Recently, I was chatting on my units WhatsApp group page, it was like 1:30 in the morning with 3 people online, one of them happens to be Mortar, giving me the usual crap about why I still have not "Progressed into manhood" and "you should have been with at least 2 GF's by now." After turning 27 I kind of became numb at the comments about my virginity.

After this back and forth between me and Mortar, another member of the unit (Let's call him Grunt) chimed in with dating and sex advice, the way he worded it sounded more like a canned routine than legitimate advice. But the Kicker is the he commented " Love is like war, you have to plan your attacks carefully, you just don't assault an enemy pillbox without a plan, especially in this GENDERED (WTF?) environment."

After reading that comment I realized all the advice people gave me was in the context that to get a partner you must conquer them, break down their defense, or as grunt put it "Assault the pillbox"

Why can't people, especially people here in PR see that realtionships are contests or competition? Instead of seeing your partner as the enemy in war, see them as reinforcements helping you tackle life biggest battles.

Lord know what kind of results would happened if I actually took the advice from grunt or anyone like that... Shocked

P.S. was reading Doc's recent article on consent as I wrote this, making Grunt's advice a little WAY too problematic... Shocked Shocked Shocked
Alex1989
Alex1989

Back to top Go down

Treating relationships like a WWII-esqe battle. [Opinions and/or advice] Empty Re: Treating relationships like a WWII-esqe battle. [Opinions and/or advice]

Post by Enail Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Yeuchhh, glad you can hear these things without falling into their mindset!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Treating relationships like a WWII-esqe battle. [Opinions and/or advice] Empty Re: Treating relationships like a WWII-esqe battle. [Opinions and/or advice]

Post by BasedBuzzed Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:53 am

"Date night is D-Day. The bunker is her yaknowhat. The beaches are her thighs. Striking out is Operation Market Garden. Mortars are her shit tests."
(this type of dating advice sounds more Dril than drill sarge)

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:53 am

Those gentleman sound like douches. Feel free to roll your eyes at and ignore douches.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum