NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping myself busy for next few months

2 posters

Go down

Keeping myself busy for next few months Empty Keeping myself busy for next few months

Post by Gotoku 2017 Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi guys

Basically a group of my friends are now in relationships with each other.(3 guys 3 girls plus me in are group chat) While I'm happy for everyone I can't help but feel the odd one out and I'm not sure how things are going to change...if they will even.
I'm basically trying to keep myself busy with stuff and not dwell/stress about it......

- I do clubs (Rowing and Martial Arts) outside of work mainly just to stop myself sitting around at home feeling down

- I've changed hours at work so I work more evenings and at the very least keep myself busy on Saturday nights

- Hang out with other friends

- Applying for a second job to work alongside my full one (Both for money and maybe meet new people outside my current job)

-Trying online dating (Currently re-doing photos)

- started planning a holiday to Greece with a friend outside of work

I will still act the same around my friends but not really sure what will happen to the group dynamic (I'm probs just overthinking it tbh)
I just really need to keep myself busy as I have a tendency to start feeling really down If I don't have any plans.
I guess I'm just asking if these seem like good ideas.
I'm also open to any other ideas for stuff to do
Cheers

Cheers

Gotoku 2017

Back to top Go down

Keeping myself busy for next few months Empty Re: Keeping myself busy for next few months

Post by Werel Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:14 pm

Oof, that can be super awkward when everyone in your friend circle is suddenly dating, my sympathies. It might take some time for a new "normal" dynamic to settle in, so waiting to see how it pans out (and whether they keep dating, etc.) while cultivating other friendships/interests sounds like a good plan.

It definitely sounds like you've got some good ideas for other stuff to focus on. Kudos to you for knowing what you need (lots of plans/free time occupied) and providing it for yourself. And have fun with the trip to Greece, that sounds awesome!
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Keeping myself busy for next few months Empty Re: Keeping myself busy for next few months

Post by Gotoku 2017 Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:28 pm

haha thank you I'm looking forward to the holiday.

Yea I've spoken to them at work and everything was normal but I know that are friendship group is different now and tbh I just need a break from worrying about what's going to happen. As said I'm happy for everyone but at the same time just a bit down about being the odd one out(Single).....but all I can do is try and keep myself busy for now. There was talk about doing a bbq around mine but I'm not sure if I will go through with it just because of the whole awkwardness...I might just not sure at moment tbh

Plus I'm hoping getting a second job will at the very least help me make new friends which I think would lift my mood a bit

Gotoku 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum