NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness)

+21
Robjection
waxingjaney
Werel
caliseivy
The Wisp
jcorozza
PintsizeBro
Enail
fakely mctest
InkAndComb
Wondering
Conreezy
nearly_takuan
reboot
eselle28
BasedBuzzed
UristMcBunny
Gentleman Johnny
azazel
Xexyz
BiSian
25 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness) - Page 2 Empty Re: BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness)

Post by reboot Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:25 pm

BasedBuzzed wrote:Plot-twist: The Twitter account is actually run by his ex-fiancee, who is using it as a veiled attempt to get his attention.

Then she has her satire absolutely spot on. Very nicely done
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness) - Page 2 Empty Re: BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness)

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:58 pm

reboot wrote:
BasedBuzzed wrote:Plot-twist: The Twitter account is actually run by his ex-fiancee, who is using it as a veiled attempt to get his attention.

Then she has her satire absolutely spot on. Very nicely done

To clarify, it's applying the same logic of the tweets(bitter ex still wants me) on a meta level. But I probably went to deep for most people.

(OOC: do tell if this gets annoying)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:22 pm

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-mans-intelligence-probably-just-too-intimidat,33916/

Then there's this guy: I run into him and his like a lot when I'm near campus. I always have to resist the urge to walk up to him and his date and say "dude! Can't you tell she's bored senseless? Is that your plan? IS IT? Are you trying to bore her to sleep so you can offer her your bed to take a nap in? Pardon me, ma'am, I couldn't help but notice you have the latest Game Of Thrones book. How do you feel about Sansa's arc in this one?"

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Gentleman Johnny wrote:http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-mans-intelligence-probably-just-too-intimidat,33916/

Then there's this guy: I run into him and his like a lot when I'm near campus. I always have to resist the urge to walk up to him and his date and say "dude! Can't you tell she's bored senseless? Is that your plan? IS IT? Are you trying to bore her to sleep so you can offer her your bed to take a nap in? Pardon me, ma'am, I couldn't help but notice you have the latest Game Of Thrones book. How do you feel about Sansa's arc in this one?"

Wait, Sansa's arc is supposed to get the conversation off of boring things?

(Take that, Martin! Is that misandry?)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiSian Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Everything is misandry, Conreezy!

Join the club, we have cookies Grin
BiSian
BiSian

http://thepurplebackpack.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:21 pm

BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness) - Page 2 Xs9hxm13obyikpmkw27k
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:36 pm

Haha!

You know, I've always hated The Giving Tree. I never understood why it was lauded as such wonderful book. It details an abusive relationship!

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Best used as anthem when wearing patriarchy-crushing heels and castration nails: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tstHEievdBo

Back to top Go down

BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness) - Page 2 Empty Jerks and Oneupmanship **TW for mild description of Sexual Assault/Unsupportive Jerks**

Post by InkAndComb Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:47 pm

I have some prime cuts of jerk-rants here! I count this as a leg in mouth rather than foot-in-mouth (also, TW for individuals who find references to assault

The Crappy Hotel Classmate:
Last year I went on a class trip for a choir performance. I roomed with 2 other women (A and B); A had been very quiet, and frightened to walk alone at night.  This wasn't unusual, but A confessed to us that she had been recently assaulted in public and hadn't gotten assistance.  After a (very detailed and sobering) explanation of the details, the WomanB scoffed and said "Yeah but you know what's worse? One time my step dad was drunk and asked me to lift my shirt for him.  I didn't do it obviously, but it was really really upsetting.  Thank god it never happened again,".  It was super awkward and awful; the girl who originally told her story spent 10 minutes trying to comfort her.  I was stunned into silence.

Now I kind of wish I was bitchy enough to be like "you know what's WORSE? Trying to one-up someone who just said something very personal and traumatic!  It was really upsetting to hear, but thank god it won't happen again!"

Last edited by InkAndComb on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Included a Trigger Warning, totally slipped my mind. Shame on me.)
InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by fakely mctest Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:44 am

eselle28 wrote:Guy In Your MFA is so very many people I knew when I was in school.

RELATED: How to Tell if You’re in a MFA Workshop Story

The love of a good woman will save you. A good woman will place her cool hand upon your feverish brow and not like the bands you don’t like. A good woman will know she is a metaphor, and accept it.

I sent this to a friend of mine who's a fiction professor and she found it distressingly accurate. I do not really miss my college fiction writing courses in the slightest.

General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:05 am

Does badass gunishment count as misandry? Anyway, Reza Ghul is fucking awesome: http://www.rejectedprincesses.com/blog/modern-worthies/reza-ghul/

Back to top Go down

Post by BiSian Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:52 pm

In honor of Sparky--I mean Rob, clearly he wasn't Sparky--I am proud to annouce the Spring Semester of BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery!

I am currently doing fieldwork for my new book on Crushing The Spirit of Adolescent Males: Having Breasts and Hips is 90% of the Battle (working title). However, I do plan on offering a seminar on Using Hypocritical Misandry to Make Men Cry. Is anyone interested in guest lecturing?
We were also thinking of offering a weekend-long intensive course, but need someone to run the Dancing With Fiendish Glee On the Backs of Oppressed Males--dancing skills are not necessary, but pointy shoes are a must.
BiSian
BiSian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Oh, sounds interesting! Any plans for workshops for tiny, budding misandrists who are not yet old enough for pointy shoes? We gotta start them young!

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by BiSian Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:51 am

Damn it! Why can't we get better trolls on DNL Prime! It's barely worth me lacing on my pointy shoes to face this one.
BiSian
BiSian

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:53 am

Try velcro - all the misandry, half the work! But yeah, I feel like it's been a while since we've had a really entertaining troll.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:56 am

We should just play DNL Troll Bingo until it gets worth the fight

"I have " Conventionally attractive women 25 and under owe not conventionally valued men sex to prove feminism. Anyone anyone? "

Last edited by reboot on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:18 am

I've got "so you're saying all men are terrible and women are perfect angels!"
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:05 am

"Women only go for Adonis-like assholes" for me
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:13 pm

Also "Why don't you ever criticize women for bad behaviour? What, why should I have to read the archives?"

Back to top Go down

Post by PintsizeBro Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:25 pm

Do we have "virgin shaming" yet? There are a lot of comments already... I was gonna wade in, but we're already over 400.

PintsizeBro

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:30 pm

I got "women have it easy."
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:09 pm

PintsizeBro wrote:Do we have "virgin shaming" yet? There are a lot of comments already... I was gonna wade in, but we're already over 400.

I'd strike this off the list, since this falls under prudeshaming, the mirror of slutshaming, and is in fact a legit complaint(although blaming women alone for it is a stupid thing these types tend to do, since men enforce it just as much).

Perhaps "Women shouldn't judge me based on my (lack of a) sex history, I can't help it that I don't sleep with anything with a pulse like they do." is more accurate.

Back to top Go down

Post by PintsizeBro Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:58 pm

Oh, not to suggest that virgin shaming isn't a real thing. Such is the trouble with trying to be glib. I was more getting at (1) blaming women alone for it, like you mention; and (b) claiming it's happening even when it isn't. "Perhaps consider that you're not getting laid because you're a slut-shaming asshole" is not virgin shaming.

PintsizeBro

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:05 pm

I see "Women lie about what they want - see sensitive guys"

Which never made sense to me. Lying about what you want generally means not getting what you want. ?
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:16 pm

Is there a "hypergamous bitches" one yet?

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum