NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me design a loudly incognito outfit

3 posters

Go down

Help me design a loudly incognito outfit Empty Help me design a loudly incognito outfit

Post by Gentleman Johnny Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:47 pm

OK, so I'm trying to get out to more events where I can dance, meet people etc. We've got tons of electronic music/rave events in Vegas with the most famous being EDC. So I decided, as I often do, that if I'm going to do something, I should make a splash. One thing I love to do for over the top events is come up with a cool masked character. It lets me communicate strictly through body language, which I'm pretty good at and everyone loves a little mystery in their lives. It also helps me shut off the self conscious part of my brain and just have fun. I figured I'd revisit a Cheshire Cat design I used back in the 90s but in the course of looking for a good Cheshire Cat mask, I ran into something that was cool enough to be worth redesigning the whole outfit around. So this shipped yesterday:

Help me design a loudly incognito outfit Icm_fullxfull.49460385_pfc3hpsy3hcgs0o8448g

Help me design a loudly incognito outfit Icm_fu10

The teeth and the pink glow. All of the paint is blacklight reactive. Now I need the rest of the gear and I've got some ideas but nothing is really solid yet. I'm thinking a black base with colored piping and accessories but that's really all I've got. I know we've got plenty of cosplayers and other extreme wardrobe typs here, so I thought I'd see if anyone has suggestions.

Do I do Goblin King tight or just well fitted? I do not do rave pants that can house a family of four. Vest or jacket? What sort of gloves? Tabi boots or shit kickers? Imposing or lithe? I'm leaning towards the latter on that one.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Help me design a loudly incognito outfit Empty Re: Help me design a loudly incognito outfit

Post by reboot Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:39 pm

For some reason that mask made me think of Papa Legba in American Horror Story. Sorry I could not find a full body picture.
Help me design a loudly incognito outfit Legba-2
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Help me design a loudly incognito outfit Empty Re: Help me design a loudly incognito outfit

Post by Gentleman Johnny Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm waiting for Netflix to get that season. I heard it was really good. I do have a grim reaper/Baron Samedi (AHS caught some shit for getting the wrong name on the character) outfit that looks a lot like that.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:19 pm

You know, I wondered about that, but assumed I had mixed up my low mixed up.

The mask also pinged a Day of the Dead bell, which made me think of the Central American idol/folk saint Maximòn. Minus the giant hat, of course

Help me design a loudly incognito outfit Maximong
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:21 pm

The line stile is based on a Maori style but I definitely see the resemblance to Central/South American indigenous styles.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Ahhh.... I can see that now.

Also, Maximòn pinged because of what he is: Drunken, devilish Mayan god
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemminkainen Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:35 pm

Re one of your specific questions: If you're wearing that mask at a rave, you absolutely should go full Goblin King. Embrace your outfit's full symbolic power!

Lemminkainen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:02 pm

Oh, its definitely going to be larger than life. Anyone can wear a cool outfit but the key here is to present as the thing rather than as a guy in the thing. The devil is in the details and I'm not quite sure I'm willing to go the full bulging stretchy pants route. Or rather I could but then I'd need a matching compression shirt (not a big deal) and, most importantly, a belt with pockets or a close enough fitting vest.

Some sample ideas:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/88719792/cydroid-garter-pocket-belt?ref=shop_home_active_4

https://www.etsy.com/listing/168083236/lemurian-apocalyptic-cyber-goth-uv?ref=shop_home_active_23

https://www.etsy.com/listing/100106086/tectonic-vest-multiple-pocket-traveling?ref=shop_home_active_2

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum