NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holidays, happy or otherwise

4 posters

Go down

Holidays, happy or otherwise Empty Holidays, happy or otherwise

Post by Enail Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:53 pm

I wanted to make a holiday-y post, but I kind of hate generic, sappy holiday rah-rah cheer. And, well, holiday season (whether you're celebrating a specific holiday at this time or not, you're probably surrounded by it, and hopefully getting some time off for it) is tough on a lot of people, even the ones who love it. It seems like every kind of stress ramps up - dealing with difficult family, loneliness, pressure to act okay when you're not, expenses, winter, difficulty meeting special food needs, too much Christmas music...  

So, good wishes to everyone, but also a reminder to look after yourselves. Stay hydrated, get some rest, remind yourself it's okay to put your own well-being over expectations, be really kind to yourself. I'm glad to have had you all in my life for another year, and I hope for good things for you all for the year to come.

If you've got any tips on surviving the difficult parts of the holiday season, share 'em here!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Holidays, happy or otherwise Empty Re: Holidays, happy or otherwise

Post by Caffeinated Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:01 pm

I have a tip for surviving the trip to relatives part of the holidays. I bring a good book (or more than one, or best of all several good books loaded onto the kindle) with me, and make sure to take a little time every day to go into a room by myself and just read for a while. It helps recharge my batteries so I'm able to do all the intense socializing that's expected on these visits.
Caffeinated
Caffeinated

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaFr Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:30 am

I got very very much balloons and sincere smiles at my birthday ))
AmandaFr
AmandaFr

Back to top Go down

Post by V Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Well Happy Birthday Amanda!

V

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down