NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to? The music rec thread.

+29
The Mikey
DoubtfulGuest
Amygdala
DragonEatsKnightCheckmate
eselle28
Jayce
HSavinien
litterature
KitKat
Fraulein42
BasedBuzzed
CP96
Chickpea Sarada
nearly_takuan
kath
caliseivy
WJMorris3
InkAndComb
Aggrax
reboot
The Wisp
Gentleman Johnny
UristMcBunny
ChrissyOrig
waxingjaney
Downvote
Gman
Enail
Robjection
33 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

What are you listening to? The music rec thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: What are you listening to? The music rec thread.

Post by Werel Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:03 pm

Oldie/goodie if you like Indian music + electro blorps.

Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to? The music rec thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: What are you listening to? The music rec thread.

Post by Robjection Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:57 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:04 pm

That instrumentation on the first couple verses. Mm. Drop the rest of this album please.

Also, next major project is going to be making those bird helmets.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sun May 07, 2017 10:53 am

I love this song a lot more than I should. It's the opening of an anime series that you really should probably not look up at all, please, my cringe couldn't take it. Song sounds really '80s-ish (hints of Another Brick In The Wall? I'm bad with melodies or chords or whatever the fuck you call similar music sounds, I feel like I've heard a song exactly like this before but can't place it)
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri May 12, 2017 1:17 pm

^ That one's blocked in the US, can't listen to new 80s throwback Angry

Head/heart explodes after 1:40. I really love this song and all that dissonant(? music theory is beyond me) stuff.

Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri May 12, 2017 2:23 pm

Someone put it on googledrive
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri May 12, 2017 2:59 pm

SUPER 80s, like I would absolutely believe it was produced in 1988 with that slap bass and those synths. Pretty catchy too, except that guy talking at the beginning is cringe-tastic Razz
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri May 12, 2017 3:04 pm

After about 5 or 6 times, that guy talking at the beginning/laughing throughout the song became the best part of it Wink
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:39 pm

Have some Engrish lounge singing, for the lols

Also in English, but <3
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:07 pm

In retrospect, Song of the Year for 2016. Very good album.

Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Oooh, damn. I don't generally like '70s soft rock, but as a contemporary homage to it, this shit is smooth.

Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Though, you should absolutely listen to it with the translated lyrics, because  holy shit those lyrics rofl.

I guess the song is based off something called "Electric Lady", but I've never heard of it so it's probs not well-known at all because I absolutely keep up on music silent
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:05 pm

I'm such a sucker for ridiculous vocalists who sound like joke singers except they're totally for serious
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:29 pm

Here's some Japanese Idol/voice actress etc with her most well-known song, Sorairo Days, the opening for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Here's the opening of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood

Here's Sorairo Day's Idol singer covering the opening of JoJo Part 1, because it turns out she's a Jojo super-fan (here she is attempting to make out with Jotaro Kujo, the protagonist of Part 3: Stardust Crusaders. Tragically, Jotaro is not a real person and she'll never be able to accomplish her dream in life of marrying him.)
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubtfulGuest Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:32 pm

I just got into Future Islands-this was the (fan-made) video that introduced me to them.

The footage is from a Soviet-era sci-fi film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_Aspera_Ad_Astra_(film)

DoubtfulGuest
DoubtfulGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:42 pm

DoubtfulGuest wrote:I just got into Future Islands-this was the (fan-made) video that introduced me to them.

Yeahhhhhhh buddy welcome to some wonderful music Grin

Going to see them again this month, very excited. First time I saw them live in 2013 I had no idea Sam was such a monster on stage, had never seen performance videos. What a mind-blowing surprise. You should absolutely try see them live if you can catch the current tour anywhere, it'll be one of the best shows you ever see.

(The Far Field did not deliver, IMO, with the possible exception of "Aladdin," but the rest of their stuff is so consistently good that I retain hope for the next album.)

I'm wishing I'd found out about the Cocteau Twins when I was a lot younger, but at least I finally did:

Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubtfulGuest Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:46 pm

Werel wrote:
DoubtfulGuest wrote:I just got into Future Islands-this was the (fan-made) video that introduced me to them.

Yeahhhhhhh buddy welcome to some wonderful music Grin

Going to see them again this month, very excited. First time I saw them live in 2013 I had no idea Sam was such a monster on stage, had never seen performance videos. What a mind-blowing surprise. You should absolutely try see them live if you can catch the current tour anywhere, it'll be one of the best shows you ever see.

(The Far Field did not deliver, IMO, with the possible exception of "Aladdin," but the rest of their stuff is so consistently good that I retain hope for the next album.)

Aw, man, I actually could see them live, they're going to be near-ish me this month. I'd have to go through all the fun of having my work schedule adjusted to go, of course (shift work does not agree with me, but it's what I have at the moment, so...). I've missed out on some good shows, so I definitely want to get in the habit of going more often.
DoubtfulGuest
DoubtfulGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:38 pm

DoubtfulGuest wrote:Aw, man, I actually could see them live, they're going to be near-ish me this month. I'd have to go through all the fun of having my work schedule adjusted to go, of course (shift work does not agree with me, but it's what I have at the moment, so...). I've missed out on some good shows, so I definitely want to get in the habit of going more often.

GO GO GO you won't regret it Shiny/thrilled Work schedule adjustment < show you'll never forget. You'll thank yourself as an old man.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Choking on falling ash for the past few days got me feeling like
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubtfulGuest Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:09 pm

Heart Sigur Rós

I just found out about Benjamin Clementine recently. Wow! That's all I have to say.

DoubtfulGuest
DoubtfulGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:56 pm

It's like my 17-year-old self made a wish and this cover came true Heart
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:53 pm

A simple Halloween playlist.

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:37 am

I apologize for liking the opening to The King of Fighters - Destiny (with accompanying English version)

However, I won't apologize for the outro

bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Once in a while a track will make me come back around to fussy acoustic guitar.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum