NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible revelations.

+8
Wondering
WJMorris3
eselle28
BiSian
reboot
readertorider
rj3
bomaye
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Possible revelations. - Page 4 Empty Re: Possible revelations.

Post by Enail Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Bosses who don't stand up for their employees against rude customers are terrible bosses.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:45 pm

WJMorris3 wrote:Ugh. Was written up at work today because a customer alleged I "wasn't a real man" on account of saying Father's Day doesn't really fit me.

Who said Fathers Day didn't fit you? You or the customer? As far as I know, you're not a dad so what's there to be offended by...?

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Did the boss just overhear it or did the customer actually complain to the boss? Because if we're thinking in line of traditional gender roles, being a tattletale isn't manly either, far more so than not celebrating Father's Day.

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Okay, customer wished me a Happy Father's Day, which I politely noted didn't really apply to me as I'm not a dad. I was told that given my (assumed) age, not having kids meant I was a bundle of sticks, and she demanded a manager, because she was so offended that we would hire someone of that kind. (Boss knows I'm not; and the writeup was done mainly to appease the customer. It won't stick.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:46 pm

Wow, talk about rude customer. Verbally abusing employees like that is grounds for that lady to have been tossed out by your manager TBH. All because you didn't have kids? Really? innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:58 pm

>she is a person living in a city
>in America
>she gets offended at other people's life choices that have no impact on her own
>even as minor as not having children
>she does it because it is the only amount of power & control she will ever have in her pathetic life
>she does this not just to friends and family but even complete strangers
>she puts jobs in danger over her frazzled sensibilities
>she does not know she is a laughingstock behind everyone's back
>she does not know people play along only in order to get rid of her faster
>she will never lose her myopic worldview
>she will always pop a gasket and feel persecuted whenever she gets confronted with this fact
>she will alienate those closest to her
>she will never look into herself why she does this, and therefore end up suffering the most from her own mistakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:58 pm

Beyond just the issue of ridiculous procreative gender attitudes she has, it never ceases to astound me how people like this never stop to think that maybe the complete stranger they think should have kids (or more kids, because these types are never satisfied) is desperately trying to have them. What if you had a partner and the two of your were trying really hard to have kids and couldn't? What if your partner just had a miscarriage? What if you had had a child and s/he had died?

Telling people like this that no, not everyone wants kids, never works to affect their worldview. They won't change, as BasedBuzzed points out. But the potential callousness of their commentary blows my mind. And telling them so might be something they listen to. Not that you have that choice in this sort of customer situation, of course.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:34 pm

...still looking on OKCupid - it's been utterly failtastic. I think I've been on there for five years now and it's not led to any dates. My friends seem to conspire to keep me single (or at least they tell me that no woman would date a guy like me because "women date men, not boys" and I haven't had anyone "make a man out of" me.) I try to put myself out there, but no luck yet. But still I try. There are women out there who think like me; I just haven't found them yet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:43 pm

Your friends sound like total assholes.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:13 pm

Enail wrote:Your friends sound like total assholes.
Perhaps, but they're also my friends. Sometimes it drives me bonkers that they tease me - relentlessly - about my lack of drive for certain things... but in the end sometimes I think they're right.

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:01 pm

Okay, that was weird. Person sent me a message that I wasn't a match for them (because of politics and the fact that I'm a gamer) but that I apparently look handsome in a suit. (One of the pictures on my dating profile is me in a suit - I think it makes me look ridiculous!) I guess that's a positive step.

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:00 am

Add two more fallthroughs in the past week. On the bright side, look at the money I'm saving!

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:12 am

Putting the looking aside for the holiday season; eventually I am certain I will find someone to date that believes in a proper Josephite marriage.

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:02 pm

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

(1Cor 13, NIV)

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:39 am

I had thought I had found the lady that might be the one, only to find she's as straight as a circle. Oh well, at least she's still an awesome friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Dear friend, asking me out today and then telling me "April Fools!" when I appeared interested isn't something I would consider funny. There are certain things you shouldn't joke about on April Fools' Day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:42 pm

That was mean and lousy. Sorry that happened. Sad
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:06 pm

Wow, that's incredibly mean and childish!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:47 pm

Dear random OKCupid person, why are you sending the ace fellow unsolicited junk mail (literally)?

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:42 am

Another one. Dear friends, no, I don't need to be tied down and forced to enjoy the act so that I can be "fixed". I mean, I get most people apparently like it, but that seems a bit excessive.

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:03 am

Me: "Five more years until I'm a Steve Carell joke, not that there's anything wrong with that."
A Friend: "You know, I could fix that for you..."
Me: "Uh, why fix what isn't broken?"

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Tue May 15, 2018 11:36 pm

Remind me why I paid $60 to join a dating site just to be told the same thing I keep getting told? I'm getting sick and tired of the idea that if I'm in a relationship, I should be required to have intercourse. Just because a lot of people want to have sex doesn't mean everybody does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum