NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum tech problems

+4
WJMorris3
eselle28
Werel
Enail
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Forum tech problems - Page 3 Empty Re: Forum tech problems

Post by Enail Thu May 12, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm not seeing anything that looks like a link location, it just seems to be the Google Ad script (I guess forumotion uses Google ads?). Very much not a programming wizard, though, so maybe I'm missing something :/  Thanks for the attempt, Mikey!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Enail wrote:I'm not seeing anything that looks like a link location, it just seems to be the Google Ad script (I guess forumotion uses Google ads?). Very much not a programming wizard, though, so maybe I'm missing something :/  Thanks for the attempt, Mikey!

Yeah, you right. Upon further inspection, it looks like some broke-ass HTML that got through. And yeah, you're welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Uuup, mobile popup ads...
Forum tech problems - Page 3 GmbZm4o

Forum tech problems - Page 3 DkpjcaD

Those spammy ads showed up when I was tryna access my own thread about 20mins ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:08 pm

Is this just a popup, not a redirect or something that prevents you from using the page? (I think they allow popups, so I can't do anything about those.)
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:34 pm

Oops, sorry, meant to say redirects because yeah they sent me to those sites on the same tab in Safari. They didn't open new tabs, but would go to another site and I'm like "WTFF".

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:10 pm

Oh, okay. Is one of those links shown the ad location, if so which one?
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Dailychosendraw.xyz, crazy-prizes-today.club, and offersonlineusa.com are the offending URLs there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Are you getting multiple ads that each redirect to one side and that's the link location of the ad, or is it one ad and those are the multiple locations it redirects to?
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Enail wrote:Are you getting multiple ads that each redirect to one side and that's the link location of the ad, or is it one ad and those are the multiple locations it redirects to?

It's one ad. It just so happens to have had multiple locations it sent me when I click on my personal thread link. What happened was I was trying to click on my thread and then outta nowhere it sent me to offersonlineusa.com and then I closed Safari and I tried again and it sent me to the other URLs. Haven't tried it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:45 pm

The forumotion tech people say they need the link location of the ad itself, not just the sites it redirects to. Sorry, but without the location of the ad, I cannot do anything about these problems.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:23 pm

Enail wrote:The forumotion tech people say they need the link location of the ad itself, not just the sites it redirects to. Sorry, but without the location of the ad, I cannot do anything about these problems.

Damn. Oh well, the sites change anyway; I'll click the link my history and it tosses me to yet another site.Disapproving

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:41 am

Did the forums derp out pretty hard a few hours ago that they were down? I was say the forums were down since maybe 1 or 2p-ish PST. I dunno what time they came back but I couldn't load the forums and Down For Everyone also said the forums were down earlier.

confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:53 am

Yeah, they were down. I got the same Down For Everyone info when I checked there.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:17 am

Wondering wrote:Yeah, they were down. I got the same Down For Everyone info when I checked there.

Ooh, suspicions confirmed. You think Server/forum upgrades may have something to do with the downtime? When you quote a post, look at the quoted text. All the BBCode gets formatted automatically!

Also, link for size to see what I'm talkin about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:11 pm

The host site was down for a few hours yesterday, apparently for maintenance.

Mikey, I'm not clear what you're saying about quoted text, are you reporting a problem?
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:26 pm

Enail wrote:The host site was down for a few hours yesterday, apparently for maintenance.

Mikey, I'm not clear what you're saying about quoted text, are you reporting a problem?

Figured as much.

And, no, there's no problem lol. But I wanted to point out that while on my iPhone, when I was quoting Wondering, the quoted text appeared in a yellow box. However, now that I'm on my PC, that yellow doesn't show up. Sorry, I was just excited for the BBCode being cleaned up on mobile. Razz

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:14 pm

Yeah, hey it's me again.

So, I don't know *why*, but the forums weren't letting me login yesterday from my phone...

At first I thought my password got bugged or something, so I reset it and the forums sent me a new password to use. Well, the password the forums sent me didn't do much because after I entered that info so I could login, it sent me back to the main page, however, I wasn't logged in. Wtf? Loopy

I could login from my PC but when I tried on my phone it was like "nope lol".

EDIT: I entered Private Mode on Safari and, woah, hey it worked. Must be a Cookie issue on regular old Safari. :I

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:18 pm

I tried to change my email, especially since the current address is literally my deadname at gmail, but the confirmation link doesn't work - it brings me to a page where I get a message saying that I must be logged in to activate the account, but I am logged in and I'm not trying to activate an account! Can something be done? Thank you!
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:24 pm

Hmm, could you PM me the email you want to switch it to? It's probably fastest if I just change it manually.
Enail
Enail
Admin

litterature likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum